14 Ways to Comply With Employment Equity
What if I promised you that the Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf Service can help you implement employment equity in your company, save you R500 000 and it won't cost you a penny to find out that I'm right?
If you're a designated employer and fail to implement affirmative action and employment equity, you could be fined up to R500 00 for a first offence with a R100 000 per incident increase for additional offences.
But, it’s easier than you think to comply with Employment Equity laws. The Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf will give you specific details, advice, checklists and templates to make your job effortless
Use this14-point checklist to get started…
- Prepare your employees on what to expect in terms of EE consulting (Page E04/033 in the handbook provides you with how to give feedback to your employees)
- Set up an employee forum for consultation purposes
- Train your EE forum and provide information for valuable consultation to take place
- Assign an appropriate senior manager to drive the affirmative action process and design EE KPAs for him
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Conduct your EE audits (Page E04/007 in the handbook explains exactly how to conduct these audits)
- Set numerical targets for the affirmative action transformation of your organisation (Find out what you must do in terms of affirmative action on Page E04/005 of your Handbook)
- Draw up an EE Plan, based on the results of the audit, designed to achieve the targets you have set (Page E04/010 gives you a six-step EE plan)
- Implement your EE Plan by hiring and training members of designated groups and advancing them into key positions once they're ready for it. Don’t place anyone in a position for which they're not ready
There are four more steps to implement your employment equity strategy properly. The Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf has explained and detailed every step of the process.
Included in your handbook:
- Your six-step Employment Equity plan
- How to determine if you are a designated employer
- Make sure you implement the requirements of the EEA
- What must you do regarding affirmative action?
- What you must include in your Employment Equity audit
- What to include in your Employment Equity report
- Don’t forget to include your income differentials statement
The Labour Law for Managers Loose Leaf also includes chapters on:
- The CCMA has processed over one million disputes and employees have won more than 50%! Are you prepared?
- Employment Contracts: What the law says you must do
- Planning a retrenchment? Watch out…
- Do you know how to legally dismiss your employees?
- Do your employees abuse their leave?
- Do you know one day’s absence can cost you three days’ salary? Start proactively dealing with absenteeism today!
- Make sure you resolve employee grievances before they turn into major CCMA or Labour Court disputes!
- How to make the law work for you when it comes to overtime
- 10 Essential steps to dismissing for poor performance - have you covered all your bases?
- Strikes can cripple your business – find out how to prevent them